sarita rising

I'm resuscitating this blog for several reasons. It's early May 2008, I've been out of college for a year, the Amanda Marcotta/BfP/Seal Press/WAM blogosphere explosion just happened, and I have a lot of thoughts to process. We'll see where it goes.

Sunday, July 18, 2004

what have i done?

i've created a blog. i've finally given in and joined the rest of you. so there.
 
this should cement my status as an attention whore. that's what blogs are, another way for people to feel important and whine and have other whiny, self-important people pay attention to them, and yes i'm fully aware that i'm participating and that this sentence is pretty pretentious and stupid. the sarahlawrence freaks are rubbing off on me. or exploiting what was already there. yikes.
 
my blog title comes from one of my favorite quotes*: "life is not about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself." i fully believe this is true. i am a huge fan of quotations - i can't say it better than they did, so i may as well just quote the source.
 
problems:
i haven't called America Coming Together. thus, i haven't applied for the job. thus, i won't have extra money and a cool, street-cred resume stuffer come fall. damnit.
 
adam "the turnip" is blog-stalking my sister. (seriously, go read her comments!! damn, adam, i know she's wonderful - i've been around her entire life - but at least blogstalk someone you've met. like me.)
 
my blog will never be as cool or widely read as my sister's. oh well, i guess she gets to win some of the time.
 
i'm pretty blustery. that said, i'm going to say things on here that piss a lot of people off. in fact, if you're reading this and haven't just dredged it up off the internet, you'll probably be pissed at me at some point or another. especially emily. and i will never have a picture posted, because i'm techno-lame. and i'm the most tech-savvy in my family, how sad is that?
 
 
*all right, technically "quote" is a verb, and i should be saying "quotation", but i can adapt to the vernacular, see? in case it isn't painfully obvious, i'm a huge geek (one might call me a "lit geek", which, as Brigid and i know, is an anagram for keg tile. yep, just try and outgeek me). sometimes i'm especially geeky about grammar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home