sarita rising

I'm resuscitating this blog for several reasons. It's early May 2008, I've been out of college for a year, the Amanda Marcotta/BfP/Seal Press/WAM blogosphere explosion just happened, and I have a lot of thoughts to process. We'll see where it goes.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

we are all fucked

and not in an awesome, break out the dental dams and lube! kind of way. arafat's dead and ashcroft's resigned and rehnquist is about to kick off. but, DUI is no longer a deportable offense. sort of. which is nice, sort of.

my last post was cheating as i mostly didn't write it. i don't want to write this post either.

suffice it to say i survived my midterm poetry reading, so now the biggest hurdle is writing my komozi conference paper. and someone, or lots of someones, should ask me for sarah's info and tell me to call nelson!! call call call!!!

here's some delectable poetry. actually, the first bit is just the best, most popular title i ever wrote.

For the pot-smoking Jehovah’s Witness who was the same height as me and had the exact same favorite shirt except mine was a couple of sizes bigger because I had breasts and curves and Things He Didn’t. Because he would get a kick out of having a poem named after him.

yep, that is now the title of a poem. and this next poem is for all of you, but mostly Thomas.

Celibacy
Throughout history
The ugliest people
Have been loved.
Why then can I
Not get laid on a Saturday night?

1 Comments:

Blogger Senator Wall said...

That is seriously the best poem ever.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home