sarita rising

I'm resuscitating this blog for several reasons. It's early May 2008, I've been out of college for a year, the Amanda Marcotta/BfP/Seal Press/WAM blogosphere explosion just happened, and I have a lot of thoughts to process. We'll see where it goes.

Sunday, November 14, 2004

ever hear the one about the liberal arts major who took an econ class?

economics assignment:
Instructions: Please answer both questions, Please staple all pages, All papers are due in class on Monday, November 22.

1) Explain using diagrams how neoclassical theory derives supply and demand curves for products and thus the market price. Carefully discuss the theoretical assumptions regarding consumer and firm behavior that determine the shapes of these curves. State precisely what happens when these assumptions are removed. Note that a good answer will not restrict itself to generalities but will show exactly what happens to the shapes of the demand and supply curves when these assumptions are rejected.
2) Explain in your own words how precisely prices are regulated by costs in the labor theory of value. What is assumed about firm behavior? Illustrate your answer with reference to relevant sections from Eric Schlosser’s Fast Food Nation. Do you think that any of the neoclassical theories of competition (perfect, monopolistic or oligopolistic) can describe the evolutionary nature of firm behavior discussed by Schlosser? Give reasons.

now tell me, DID THAT MAKE ANY FUCKING SENSE?????????

i THOUGHT not. i am so fucked i can't even tell you because i'm busy bracing myself for the horrendous, bend-over-and-grab-your-ankles, no lube, awful awfulness finishing out the semester in this damn class will be. and since i'm terrified of losing credit for it (i pretty much already know my grade will be awful), i can't even stop going (unlike *some* people). argh. kill me now. (if, by some insane chance, that DID make sense to you and you wanna help a sista out, let me know. because i'm DYING HERE.)

also, my bank account balance today: $5. yep. not kidding.

quote of the week: I don't need anyone to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we will ever have is the one with ourselves. -- Shirley Maclaine

my "most profound relationship" (with myself, don't get any ideas), despite the things mentioned above, has been going quite well. when i'm feeling better i promise to post about buying gifts for TWIL's BF, which was a hilarious, pie-related experience. also how i fucked myself over with my komozi conference. my exploits this week have been stunning in their awful-sitcom quality. but i hung out with/talked to TWIL every day from wednesday til yesterday, which was nice, we're becoming friends, i can never let her read this because it makes me look like a grade-A psycho. which i just might be. (she needs a new code name, any suggestions?)

anyway, i'll be back later when i'm not hyperventilating about this econ assignment, my K conf, getting someone to cover me at work so i can visit my wife, and being ridiculously poor. it may take awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home