sarita rising

I'm resuscitating this blog for several reasons. It's early May 2008, I've been out of college for a year, the Amanda Marcotta/BfP/Seal Press/WAM blogosphere explosion just happened, and I have a lot of thoughts to process. We'll see where it goes.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

sarah lawrence women

me: hey, jane. how's it going?
jane (looking me over, dryly): fine. you?
me: oh, i'm doing good. i like your shirt.
jane: thanks. i knit it myself.
me: really? wow.
jane (completely deadpan, showing no emotion): yes, after i sheared the wool from a baby yak. it was during my family's backpacking trip through nepal.
me: wow. was this over the summer?
jane (still nothing): i was seven. it was before we moved to israel to live on the kibbutz. actually, this shirt is getting a bit big on me, i may unravel it and knit a hammock for my room. my current hemp one is a bit old, as i've been sleeping in it since we lived in amsterdam.
(awkward pause as jane stares into the distance as if listening to something i can't hear and nods)
me: um, okay, i'm off to the gap! see you in women's history, bye!

1 Comments:

Blogger Senator Wall said...

i dont know whats worse...yak shaving or womens history....I choose death

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home