sarita rising

I'm resuscitating this blog for several reasons. It's early May 2008, I've been out of college for a year, the Amanda Marcotta/BfP/Seal Press/WAM blogosphere explosion just happened, and I have a lot of thoughts to process. We'll see where it goes.

Friday, September 10, 2004

this land is herland, this land is my land

brigid gave me a present, a book by Charlotte Perkins Gilman called Herland. for some reason, a lot feminists and lesbians love CPG, even though she was a bit of a racist, classist bitch who lived 150 years ago. but whatever. herland and i have a history. maureen nelson tried to get me to read this book immediately after taking me under her wing. that should have been the tipoff right there that this was a somewhat "wacky" choice of mentor by me. but i'm not that imminently brilliant or perceptive. the next time someone pushes lesbian separatist feminism onto a 16 year old they barely know, i'll be prepared.

thank god for nelson, though. i wouldn't be where i am - literally - without her. i've been reading through my high school journals. first off, this is nearly always a bad idea.

i've been searching because i have no poetry. upon our first conference, i am supposed to give my poetry teacher three pieces i am proud of. um, all my poetry is in santa fe, on a hard drive there, i realized. whatcha gonna do? i really don't want to have to write some poetry i'm proud of between now and then, which is at most two weeks. sheeeeeee-it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always use some of nathan's 'bohica' haikus. I'm sure those would go over well.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bitch, you stole that last word/sentence from me. i'm gonna fuck yo ass up.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home