sarita rising

I'm resuscitating this blog for several reasons. It's early May 2008, I've been out of college for a year, the Amanda Marcotta/BfP/Seal Press/WAM blogosphere explosion just happened, and I have a lot of thoughts to process. We'll see where it goes.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

empathy is bad for me

i read a book for psych (the autobiography of one of the Little Rock Nine) and sobbed the whole way through. i kept telling myself, this is academic reading, get some distance, and i just couldn't. i cried when someone threatened to kill her rather than have her in school with their kids, i cried when she remained positive in the face of these odds that would have made anyone run. i just cried. what the hell is wrong with me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home