sarita rising

I'm resuscitating this blog for several reasons. It's early May 2008, I've been out of college for a year, the Amanda Marcotta/BfP/Seal Press/WAM blogosphere explosion just happened, and I have a lot of thoughts to process. We'll see where it goes.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

get busy child

that's the title of the song playing. i clicked it on itunes and nearly fell over with the wave of aaron-nostalgia. aaron was the potsmoking jehovah's witness who seduced me, back when i was younger and feckless and innocent (no, really, truly, honestly). this song blasting over the theater soundsystem (techies were always abusing the soundsystem) was always his work. he was actually pretty attractive, as long as you didn't know him. he was just about exactly my height. he looked like a rat. he's gone waaaayyyy downhill.

tonight was my first feminista meeting. i am cautiously hopeful. it's about pacing yourself. i can already feel the group pulling at me - it's the kind of situation where i'll do things because other people are involved and i said i would. i can picture the group pulling me along with it, people saying "how about this?" and then me just . . . making it happen. i hope so. this group has been my baby since before i even went to school here. i love it. it will survive, rivals or not.

mmmmmm memories. aaron and i had a lot of fun together, as long as i ignored the fact that he wasn't You Know Who. he did a good job of distracting me (as did josh, and tim . . . and eventually Don G, but he caused his own problems. i digress).

1 Comments:

Blogger Senator Wall said...

Ah, good old Don G
Where, pray, does he be?
I hope he's not suffering
From the dreaded TLP

God I love mocking poetry

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home