sarita rising

I'm resuscitating this blog for several reasons. It's early May 2008, I've been out of college for a year, the Amanda Marcotta/BfP/Seal Press/WAM blogosphere explosion just happened, and I have a lot of thoughts to process. We'll see where it goes.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

my neck, my back/my pussy AND my crack

it's a matter of myth that i didn't know what that song was about 'til mana and sean told me. or maybe it was that other song, Oops. yeah, it was the oops song. anyway.
here's a silly poem, i wrote a long time ago, the last line of which is stolen from mana. i've been reading over old journals; it's a dangerous thing.

my ass
my cunt
my boobs
my mouth
these are not for you
leave the disparate parts
in a pile on the floor
for the surrealists to come hang up in the sky

my offer:
a portion of my mind
a bigger share than you deserve
of my attention
if you're lucky
you could win back
a tiny part
of my heart

(but my sweetness is not for you)

- deep, ain't i?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home